This policy applies if you are a supporter of Doddington (member, volunteer, customer, employee) or use any of our services, visit our website, email, call or write to us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting this website you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
WHO ARE ‘WE’?
In this policy, whenever you see the words ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’, ‘Doddington’ it refers to Doddington Farms LLP.
Doddington Farms LLP includes:
- Doddington Hall and Gardens
- Doddington Farms
- Doddington Farm Shop
- Doddington Café and Restaurant
- Weddings and Corporate Events
- Doddington at Home
- Doddington Country Clothing
- Doddington Coffee Shop
- Doddington Holiday Cottages
- Giant Lincoln and Giant Lincoln Station
- Doddington Bauble Barn and Christmas Trees
- Doddington Shoot
- Doddington Rental Properties
PERSONAL DATA WE STORE FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
- You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website, placing an order via our website or over the phone, (such as event tickets), through social media functions when contacting us, entering a competition, promotion or survey or corresponding with us (by phone, email or by joining as a member/supporter/customer). This also includes when you subscribe to our newsletter or when you report a problem with our website. Personal data you may give us may include your name, email address, postal address and telephone number and financial and credit card information.
- Personal data may also be created by your involvement with us. This could include details of how you’ve helped us by volunteering or being involved with our campaigns and activities.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
- We collect personal data in connection with specific activities such as registration or season ticket requests, placing an admission ticket or event ticket order online, booking our Holiday Cottages, making a wedding or corporate event booking, placing a shop order, donations, volunteering, conducting research or employment.
- If you are a volunteer or employee then we may collect extra information about you (e.g. references, criminal records, checks, details of emergency contacts, medical conditions). This information will be retained for legal or contractual reasons, to protect us (including in the event of an insurance or legal claim) and for safeguarding purposes.
- We may collect financial information from you such as credit and debit card details when finalising a payment or order from our shops, a holiday cottage booking or a final payment for a wedding or corporate event.
- With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operation system and platform.
- Information about your visit to our website and all social media pages including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our main customer service number.
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM THIRD PARTIES
We may receive information about you from business partners, sub-contractors, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use the information stored about you in the following ways:
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
- When using an online form to make a booking or enquiry
- We ask for your details so that we can respond in an appropriate way, for example when enquiring about a corporate event or wedding or when making a restaurant booking.
- If you have given us your consent via a department Manager or booking form you may be contacted with relevant promotions, offers or information that you have agreed to be contacted about similar to your enquiry. You are able to contact us at email@example.com if you wish to stop these emails at any time.
- When signing up to our newsletter
- We ask for your email address so that we can add you to our MailChimp database and ensure you get the newsletter you requested. This information is never given to any third party, except to the extent and for the purpose we may be required to do so by any law.
- If you have given us your consent via MailChimp you may be contacted with relevant promotions, offers or information that you have agreed to be contacted about. You are able to use the unsubscribe button at any time. You are also able to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to stop these emails at any time.
- When contacting us with a question or complaint via social media
- When contacting us over social media you are willingly giving us access to your name, which we automatically receive.
- We may ask your for further details, such as your email address or telephone number to help deal with the enquiry or complaint.
- When making a booking or placing an order over the phone or purchasing a ticket online
- When making a booking over the phone such as tickets for a concert or a stay in our Holiday Cottages we will collect various personal details such as your name, home address, billing address, telephone number, email address, bank details and credit card details. We use this information to process orders and bookings and payments and to provide a personalised service.
- Collecting these details when purchasing a ticket online via Ticket Island allows the system to create a customer account for you in order for it to sell you the tickets and for you to create a login account should you wish to purchase tickets for further events.
- Having a record of your personal details allows use to contact you and identify you if we need to regarding your booking or order. It also allows us to identify you if you are collecting your tickets or order from the Estate and if you ever need to contact us to change any details about your order or booking.
- Having such details means we can easily access you on our database should you need help if your tickets are lost and you need a replacement. Banks recommend the use of a billing address for the purchase of tickets in advance as this can help to prevent fraudulent use of credit cards.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
- When you take part in specific activities such as enter a competition or purchase a season ticket onsite.
- We ask for your details so that we can respond in an appropriate way, for example when entering a competition we need to contact the winner and when becoming a season ticket holder to contact you about your membership.
- If you are a volunteer or employee
- We use the personal data you provide us to contact you regarding work related matters, such as in the event of sickness or an emergency. We also use your email addresses so that we can send you our staff newsletter and keep you up to date with all the latest events.
- When you visit our website
- We use your information when you access our website to measure and understand the effectiveness of it as a source of information
- We use your information to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM THIRD PARTIES
- We may combine information we receive from third parties with information you give us to use and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive)
- We may share your information with our business partners, sub-contractors, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers for any contract we enter into with you or them.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties;
- If Doddington Farms LLP or substantially all of its assets be acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apple our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Doddington Farms LLP, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We hold your information only as long as necessary for each purpose we use it.
- Your email address is held via MailChimp, a secure and password protected email service. No email addresses are held unless you have given us consent to do so.
- In the event of us taking your name, number, email address, booking, purchase or order, we store your data for a period of six years after your last interaction with us for accounting, tax reporting and record-keeping purposes.
- In the event of taking your bank details, debit and credit card details and any initial enquiries. We destroy all information once the payment has been processed or the enquiry finalised via shredding immediately afterwards.
YOUR MARKETING PREFERENCES
Doddington will always ensure we respect your wishes of what type of communications you want to receive and how you want to receive them. There are some communications, however, that we need to send you regardless of your marketing preferences. These are what we would describe as essential communications to fulfil our contractual obligations to you as a visitor or season ticket holder at Doddington. Examples of this kind of communication would be:
- Transaction notifications, such as payment receipts.
- Membership related mailings such as your renewal reminder or invitations to special events.
- You have a number of rights regarding your data, including the following:-
- You have the right to ask us, in writing, for a copy of all the personal data held about you (this is known as a Subject Access Request). A copy will be sent to you as soon as possible and this will be no later than one month after your request.
- You have the right to require us to correct the personal data we hold on you if it is inaccurate.
- You have the right to request that we erase your personal data.
- You have the right to request that we restrict our data processing activities (and, where our processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time).
- You have the right to receive from us the personal data we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of transmitting that personal data to another data controller.
- You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to any of our particular processing activities where you feel this has a disproportionate impact on your rights.